- BTP, or Bankernas Tjänstepension (the Swedish banking industry pension fund), is an occupational pension for employees in the banking and finance sector.
- Your employer decides whether to make BTP 1 contributions and from which date. If an employer chooses BTP 1, it will apply to staff recruited after the employer opted into the scheme and all their employees under 25.
- If you are over 25 and were recruited before your employer opted into the BTP 1 scheme, BTP 2 contributions will continue to be made, unless you and your employer have agreed on making BTP 1 contributions.
What is BTP 1?
BTP 1 is a premium-based pension plan for employees recruited after 1 February 2013. Your employer pays contributions into the scheme, each month, from the date you started working for them, until you leave or begin working in another industry.
The premiums for BTP 1
- 5 percent of your salary, up to 7.5 of the income base amount.
- 30 percent of your salary between 7.5 and 30 of the income base amount.